Wednesday, December 15, 2010

and I'll love you, if you'll let me.

sometimes I think that Marylin Manson is one of the most inspired musical artists in the world. So, with that, I think I'm going to do something that I guess a lot of people have done, but I haven't. I'm going to make a top five most loved bands/musical artists. and why I love them.


1) Showbread is a band that I have liked for a while, but just recently fell in love with (thanks to a certain boy). They inspire me to fall in love with God each and every day. They are also inspirational because they let me know that there is no cookie cutter Christian - each and every single one of us is a unique, special individual with different beliefs and opinions and loves.

2) Project 86 was my favorite band for around five years. They lead me in worship almost every single day, and sometimes they help me fall to my knees in prayer. They are an intense and emotional band, and they are fierce.

3) Ke$ha. I used to hate Ke$ha. I will be honest, though... I have fallen in love. She's so tongue-in-cheek, and clever. I love the trashy side to her, and her intense emotional songs (like "The Harold Song"). She is smart and creative, and one of the most genius musical artists ever. She's also really smart - she uses her stage presence to her advantage and gets her message out there. She is silly and fun.

4) Marilyn Manson is inspired. I love that he believes in listening to people and loving them, instead of blaming the media for people's mistakes and irresponsible actions. I am, of course, talking about when the media and others were blaming Manson for the Columbine school shootings. Not only did he wait to let everything die down before he did interviews, but when he did get interviewed, he stated his beliefs in a non-condemning and eloquent way. He is someone that I look up to greatly.

5) I don't know who this spot is for. There are many bands that I love and would love to see live. There's MCR, The Used, Kerli, August Burns Red, Jason DeRulo, Nine Inch Nails.... so many artists and inspirations.

None of them have hit me in the way that previously mentioned bands have, however. There is still a whole world of music out there that I have yet to discover. So many artists that I could benefit from. But none of them have inspired me to be something greater than I am like these artists. I have become something greater from these musicians. They (along with countless friends, members of my family, and acquantainces) have inspired me to grow closer to God, closer to my friends/family, and closer to what I want my heart to look like. I want to show complete surrender to God like I see Showbread do. I want to be as intense as Project 86. I want to stand up for my beliefs in a way that will get people thinking like Ke$ha. I want to show love and be creative and different like Marilyn Manson. There's a reason these people are my inspiration. what's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment